Monday, August 24, 2015

The end of an era! But the bracelet stacking continues...

Those of you who have come to know me or spent time with me in the last year or so know of my deep-seated affection for bracelets. I'm rarely without bracelets stacked on both wrists. Ever.


My left arm stack interchanges with various bangles and Chan Luu wrap bracelets. But the ones on my right wrist stay on pretty much all the time. Showering, running, hiking, skiing, sleeping… And it all started with a black rope bracelet with a copper bead woven in from Costa Rica. While out shopping in the few boutiques in our little beach town with a friend, I picked up my first right-hand bracelet. The beauty of this one was being able to put it on and leave it on for everything! Which was ideal since I'd left pretty much all of my jewelry back in the States for this trip and was pretty much constantly sweating, swimming, surfing, and rolling around in the sand while in Costa Rica.



Upon returning Stateside last June, the rope stayed on my wrist. And others joined it. I got a gold bangle in San Diego while visiting in November. Then a half gold bangle/half silver chain bracelet while visiting Portland in January. I added a hammered bronze bangle from a local artist after moving to Portland in March. And a designer friend tossed in a thin silver and gold bangle when I saw her this summer. The right-hand-bracelet-stack all started with a few strands of black rope.

The inevitable happened this weekend. The rope finally wore thin enough that it snapped. No more black rope bracelet from Costa Rica that I've been wearing on my wrist for close to 18 months. It's been through countless yoga classes, through mountains all over the country, rolling around in sand on beaches also all across the country (and CR!). It's been on my wrist for wine dates, moving cross-country twice, breakups, reunions, first dates, weddings, and travels. It has never left my wrist since the day I put it on in the shop. However, the trend and memories live on! I now have a collection of clinking arm candy on my right wrist, and all because of a few strands of black rope. 



Missing you already. And scouring Pinterest looking for things to do with the copper bead to keep the spirit alive!



No comments:

Post a Comment