Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Get Upside Down Today! #poseoftheday

Today for #sweatpink we're talking inversions. There isn't much to say that I haven't already about getting my feet up in the air. There are so many ways to invert, and I love them all!

HANDSTAND

This one gets a big fat, "DUH!" I think I've well-established my love of handstand...

#handstand365 - My daily handstand challenge, 1 year down!

#harderthanitlooks - The documentation of my attempt at handstand (and headstand) on a SUP board.

Handy Tips from a Handstand Addict - 5 tips for working handstand




FOREARMSTAND

We've also established my love affair with pinchamayurasana, aka forearmstand...

#forearmfriday - 7 steps to forearmstand

Photo by Stark Photography

CHINSTAND

This is a new one for me! After some coaching from Jamie to remove the blocks under my shoulders, adding some padding under my chin, and a few kick-up attempts... Voila! I still see a lot I need to work on, but it's now a regular part of my vinyasa practice. 



HEADSTAND

Playing with variations of and transitions into and out of tripod headstand is definitely fun. But classic supported headstand will always be a favorite...



SHOULDERSTAND 

The closest I have to a shoulderstand picture. I don't practice this nearly enough!


LEGS UP AGAINST THE WALL


FUNKINESS

Gotta love weird hybrid postures! 



Join in on the fun! How do you love to invert?! #sweatpink #flexandflow #poseoftheday #yogaeverydamnday #stopdropandyoga @FitApproach


1 comment:

  1. I've got a goal this year to do an unassisted handstand. For now, the wall is my friend.

    ReplyDelete