Wednesday, July 17, 2013

#365daysofawesomeness

Hi all!! Apologies for the hiatus through the spring. My next post will definitely be about filling in the blanks! To put it shortly, the spring was full of travels, friends, family, and good times.

This post is about my Instagram challenge, #365daysofawesomeness. A friend of mine took part in Burton's (a sponsor of her's) June #30daysofawesomeness challenge. I missed the take-off for that, and at a sushi date with a girlfriend, decided to start my own. And bump it up a notch.

Sometimes choosing a picture is so obvious. Sometimes it's a struggle to choose just ONE!

{day 19} Yoga with friends.

{day 10} Loves at the FIRC fashion show.

{day 14} At the top of Mt Quandary at 14,265'!

What's challenging is finding awesomeness in the days that are filled with work and stress and monotony.
{day 22} A friend at work letting us borrow her bouquet. 

{day 21} A lazy afternoon on my day off. Much-needed R&R.

{day 17} A delish cookie and chai getting me through a long day at work.

The benefit to this is that it forces me to always be seeking something awesome, to be looking for awesomeness in even the most mundane day. Maybe it's beautiful flowers outside work, maybe it's a nice gesture from a friend, maybe it's a brief puppy kiss. This challenge has helped me discover that "awesomeness" doesn't have to be a view from a 14,000' peak, an awesome night out, or the most awesome/epic/adventurous thing ever. Awesomeness can be anything that brightens your day! 

To see more of my #365daysofawesomeness, follow me on Instagram: lizwilson0406. 336 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment