Saturday, February 23, 2013

Best Ski Day Ever!

Me!!

Me and girls at the top of the Bonanza lift.

Last week I took an impromptu overnight ski trip with some girlfriends down to Wolf Creek. It was hands down the best ski day ever! It was by far not the prettiest I've skied, but definitely the most fun I've had. Wolf Creek had had 26" of powder in 24 hours. I've never had the opportunity to ski powder like that. Growing up skiing one week a year during spring break out west, I never understood people's love of powder, let alone "pow chasers." To me, it seemed like a hassle. I always got stuck, popped out of my bindings, etc. But this day showed me the light. It also helped that I had much better skis for the powder (thanks, Line Soulmates!). I finally had some fun skiing trees too. Mostly they're spread out at this mountain, and we could take it kind of slow with the fresh powder. Skiing knee-deep powder is no easy feat. We all had our fair share of tumbles, one of mine included a full-on superman dive right under the chairlift. One of my girlfriends witnessed it, and just died laughing at my face-full of snow. I tried to explain to the other girls at the base why we were behind, and my friend said she assumed something had to have happened since I now had snow in what used to be a space between my goggles and helmet. hah! 

Loving Colorado! Loving snow! Thanks, Ullr! Keep it coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment